Sunday, January 18, 2015

Winter Blues

 I just realized that I haven't posted anything since Christmas Eve!
After the Christmas hustle & bustle I usually have to
unwind and relax for a little bit.
 
I haven't been in the creative mood lately.
My card making is behind along with a few other projects.
Winter tends to give me the blues.
All I want to do is hunker down under the covers and sleep away the winter.
Kind of like hibernating!
 
So I thought that I would share my Winter snowflake pillow
covers that I made during the Christmas rush.
 
These are made out of felt that I purchased at Joann Fabric.
 
I cut my snowflakes using my Silhouette cameo machine and
hand stitched each snowflake onto the pillow covers.
That was a LOT of hand stitching!  I must be insane!
No wonder I want to take a 3 month nap!
 
 
 
 
 
Here they are all lined up on the couch.
 
 
I wanted to make another pillow to go with these but all of the supplies that
I needed are on back order.  Oh well, there's always next year!
 
This is another fun little pillow cover I made for the winter season
out of some scrap fabric I had laying around.
I got this pattern out of my American Patchwork Quilting magazine.
As soon as I saw this pillow cover I knew that I was going to make it.
I cut out each piece by hand...
 
 
and again hand stitched each piece onto the pillow cover!
 
 
Isn't it just the cutest!
It's such a happy pillow that it kind of chases the winter blues away!
 
Looking at these pillows made me hungry for something warm to eat.
So for dinner I made a BIG pot of chili.
Add a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of cheddar cheese on top
and dig in!  YUM, YUM
 
 
That's all I have for now.
Stay warm and I'll see you next time.
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment