Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Couple of Updates in the Kitchen

 I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
 
Next week I'm hoping to post the
reveal of our Master Bath.
YES!
I just need to get my butt in gear
and clean up the messes!
 
We tend to work slooooow around here.
We usually only have one day a week
to work on our home improvement projects.
 
While Hubby has been busy working on the
Master Bath, I thought that I would
work on projects for the other rooms
in the house that needed updated.
 
One of the projects was to replace
the mini blinds in the kitchen.
I have always wanted to replace
them but wasn't quite sure what I wanted.
One thing I did know was,
 I didn't want to block the natural light
or the view from the windows.
 
Well, I have finally decided what I wanted!
FINALLY!
 
This is what the back door looked like before I made the change.
Mini blinds that were in the house when we moved in!
Not that there was anything wrong with them,
they were just blah looking.
 
We replaced them with custom made Roman Shades!
Custom made, yikes!
Isn't that material beautiful!
When I saw the material I knew that it would
be a perfect match for our new neutral look we are aiming for.
 
Being neutral doesn't have to be boring!
 
Our kitchen is one of the hardest rooms in the house to photograph.
Please excuse the poor photography. 
These are the best pictures I could get of the Roman shade
above the kitchen sink.
 
 Since we hung new neutral color Roman shades,
the blue color on my DIY botanical prints just wasn't
cutting it any more.
They got a new paint job with the French Linen color.
 Now they match the new Roman shades!
Parsley
Thyme
Rosemary
 
I can raise the roman shades during the day,
and lower them at night.
I'll do a post later about where to get custom made Roman shades
that don't cost an arm or leg to have made. 
 
And just one more little bit of sweetness I would like to share.
 
Even though we aren't Irish,
I thought that I would make a pie using Bailey's Irish Cream
in honor of St. Patrick's day.
YUMMY, YUM, YUM!
Hubby couldn't wait to dig into this!
That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment