Sunday, July 10, 2016

Schmears

Schmears?
What the heck are Schmears?
Flavored Butter?
Do you know what Flavored Butter is?
What about Cream Cheese Spreads?
All of these are considered Schmears.
Get it?  You schmear these on rolls, bagels,
sconces, hot biscuits or whatever you desire.

Have you ever went to Texas Roadhouse and
had one of their warm rolls with the Cinnamon Honey Butter?
Who am I kidding.  Who can eat just one roll!
Oh My Sweet Country Cooking Goodness!
I had a block of cream cheese in the refrigerator that
I wanted to use up.  Since we picked SO MANY
strawberries again this year I thought that I would
make some Fresh Strawberry Butter to top my
morning Blueberry bagel with.
No boring bagels in this household!
As you can tell I use a heavy hand when I apply my
Fresh Strawberry Butter to my bagels!
Granted I don't eat these every day,
usually just on the weekends.
These will hold me off until Lunch time
when I will eat a small salad.

Am I making you hungry yet?

Schmears are so incredibly easy to make,
but be careful, these are additive!

Here's how I make my Fresh Strawberry Butter.

Gather your ingredients and a Food Processor.
Add your softened butter and cream cheese to the food processor.
Pulse to combine until you have a smooth and creamy consistency.
Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth,
making sure to scrape down the sides.
That's it!
Place into a covered container and refrigerate to chill.

You can make your Schmears with whatever fruits, nuts or
vegetables you like.  You can even make them low fat.
Just replace the full fat cream cheese with reduced fat cream cheese.

There is nothing better than Homemade Schmears!
At least in my opinion.
Of course I'll share the recipe.

Fresh Strawberry Butter

1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature (if using salted butter, omit adding salt)
4 ounces cream cheese (can replace with reduced fat)
1/2 cup ripe fresh strawberries, diced
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon jiuice

Add softened butter and cream cheese to food processor and pulse until you have a smooth consistency.

Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides.

Place into a covered container and refrigerate to chill.

That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment