Sunday, July 17, 2016

Summer Napkins

I was going to do a post about something I
made for our Son and DIL but I haven't given it to them yet.
 I never know when our DIL is going to check out my blog posts.
It's something that our DIL wanted to know if I could make,
so no posting early because I don't want to spoil the surprise!
I will be meeting with them next weekend
so I will be able to share it with you then.

I promise that this will be the
last post about strawberries this year!

I actually made these strawberry linen napkins back in May.
I just never got around to posting how I made them.

Here is a closer look at them.
Aren't they lovely?
And they are machine washable!

I made 8 of these all white linen napkins about 2 years ago
and had them tucked away in a drawer.  I knew eventually
that I wanted to add a design to them, I just wasn't sure what.
So there they sat for 2 years.

When I spotted this strawberry image on the Graphic Fairies website,
I knew just what I wanted to add it to.

I made a set of 4 strawberry linen napkins!

If you can iron and cut with scissors,
you can do this also.

Here's how I transferred my image
onto the linen napkins.

I picked up this Transfer paper from Joann Fabric's.
As you can see, you can add your image to whatever
fabric item you would like to decorate.
Decide what image you want to use and
print the image onto the transfer paper
following the enclosed instructions.
(the instructions are very easy to follow)
*Make sure you reverse your image before printing*
After your image has been printed
and allowed to set, it is time to cut
out your image.  You want to make sure
that you cut very close to the image,
otherwise your image will look like one
of those fake tatoos, and I'm pretty sure you
don't want that look!
You want your image to look like it was painted on.
Simply place your image onto your fabric item
face down and iron in place.
Slowly peel off the backing paper to reveal your
new creation.

That's  it!
A beautiful new creation!
Wasn't that simple?
This project cost me a total of $2.00 to make 4 beautiful linen napkins!
Try finding that kind of deal for 4 high end, custom made linen napkins!
That's it for this week.
I'm off to work on another project!

Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment