Sunday, February 5, 2017

Veronica's Closet

Do you remember the sitcom
Veronica's Closet starring Kristie Alley?
It first aired back in 1997.
Well, this post is NOT about that show.

This post is about how I organize my
master closet to get the most out of what
usable space I have.
Our closet is a walk in closet and is not huge by any means.
It measure 6' x 9' which is plenty big enough for us.
It's probably a good thing that it isn't bigger because
I'm sure that I would fill it up!
I recently cleaned out this messy closet
and really reorganized everything that
was left, and I only had to purchase 2 inexpensive items.
I was in such a state to get this closet reorganized
that I forgot to take a before picture of it.
This closet tended to be a dumping ground
for just about everything that I didn't feel
like taking downstairs into the basement.
Just imagine a BIG MESS.
Hopefully, this post will give you a few ideas
if you are looking for ways to better organize your closets.

Welcome to:
Actually, it's Hubby closet too.
This is the view when you open the door.
That jewelry armoire will be getting a makeover
once the weather gets a little warmer.
The left side of the closet is mine.
Let's take a closer look, shall we?
I'm the type of person who likes to iron and hang
up my tank tops and t-shirts. No wrinkles allowed.
By having my clothes organized, I'm able to walk into our closet and put an
outfit together in less than 5 minutes!
Let's walk around and see how I organized my side of the closet.
Past the shirts are my leggings that are neatly folded and placed on a shelf.
Past the shelf are the vests, short jackets, sweaters, cardigans, dress pants and dressier jeans.
On the shelves above this area are baskets which hold
extra wallets, pouches for purses, and a few of my
many purses.
Working around the room we come to the scarves and blazers.
The 2 items that I purchased for this room were the belt/scarf  hangers and 
inexpensive shower curtain rings. This is how I organize my scarves. All
I have to do is pull these off the rack and choose a scarf.

A closer look.
Moving back around to the door under the hanging
clothes is where I keep my shoes. I purchased these
shoe racks years ago from Home Depot. My knee boots are stored
in their original boxes. One brown pair and one black pair is all I need for boots.
I can't believe that I just typed I only need 2 pair of boots!
By staggering my shoes I'm able to fit more pairs onto the shoe rack.
I need to order a couple more of these shoe racks because a
girl just can't have enough shoes, right?
The final view of my side of the closet is behind the door.
This is where I keep my work jeans. More smaller purses,
totes and a few craft items are stored in the baskets.
All of my lingerie, sleepwear, workout outfits and
work shirts are stored in my dresser in the bedroom.
I'm still working on Hubby's side of the closet.
Once his side is completely organized I'll
be sure to share it with you.

I'm so excited that I finally have my side of the
closet organized. What a time saver!
That's it for this week.

Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment