Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mixing Rustic with Refined

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there!
I've been busy today doing what I love
to do. Designing, styling and painting.
Enjoy your day today because
a mother's work is never done.😄

I'm one of those people who likes the look of many
different styles in my home. 
I tend to lean towards a timeless, classic
look with a little bit of glam, elegance and beach
thrown in just to keep things interesting.
Add in a little casual modern farmhouse
and we have my perfect style
for home decor.
As I add, or change, pieces in our dining room I
will tease you with glimpses of the room in progress.
Once the room is complete I'll be sure to share the final reveal.

I don't want our home to look too feminine or too masculine.
I want Hubby to feel just as comfortable as
myself in our home so I try to mix my tastes
and his together.

So how do I mix our tastes together?

For our dining room I chose a rustic farmhouse table,
which my father-in-law built for us.
To add a little bit of a refined look to our farmhouse table
I chose these chairs from Pier 1.
They give me my upscale look, yet still appeal to
Hubby with the nail head trim.

Combine the table and chairs together and you
get a rustic refined look.

When I told Hubby that I was mixing a rustic table
with high end chairs he thought I was crazy.
 He just couldn't see it happening.
He was afraid that I was going to make it look too feminine.
After seeing the two together he commented that,
"You have good vision."
I think he was pleased with the look.😍
Check back next week for another change and glimpse into our dining room.

That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment