Sunday, August 12, 2018

Chocoholic

Who doesn't love a good dose of chocolate?

Our couch and chairs in our living room are 17 years old.
They're still in great shape but so very outdated.
Before starting my blog I had no clue what my style was
much less how to style a home.
Over the years, and with the help of Pinterest
and my Pottery Barn catalogs,
 I've learned what styles I'm drawn to and how I can
mix different styles together to look comforting,
inviting and uniquely us.

Little by little, piece by piece, and room by room,
I will slowly be transforming our home.

Our living room will be transforming from our current
floral explosion to a more soothing and inviting color palette.
Some of our furniture will remain the same
while other pieces will be replaced or
get a new look.

I'm a firm believer in the psychological effects of color
and how it evokes our emotions.
One color I have always been drawn to, and am adding
into my design, is brown.
I'm sure you're wondering,
who in their right mind would choose the color brown?

Did you know that the color brown brings to mind
feelings of warmth, comfort and security and is a serious,
down-to-earth color signifying stability, structure and support?
It encourages a strong sense of belonging, with family and friends,
being the utmost importance, but brown can also be sophisticated
when added in the right amounts without looking drab and boring.

Exactly the mood I am going for.

We've already ordered a new couch and chairs
and they should be delivered in about 4 weeks.
That gives me time to paint a few pieces that
are currently in our living room.
The first piece to get a new coat of paint was this cabinet.
I've had this little cabinet for 17 years.
It originally was a sage green color.
and then I painted it this gray color.
Now it is this rich Chocolate brown color.
It received new knobs too to dress it up a little.



When I told Hubby that I was going to paint the
cabinet a brown color he gave me that look.
You know, that look that says,
"Are you kidding me"?

After seeing the cabinet in its' new color,
Hubby keeps complimenting me on a job well done
and how I chose the perfect brown color.
See, It just goes to show, don't underestimate the power of color.😊
Want to add a little bit of healthy chocolate into your lifestyle?
 Paint something chocolate brown.😉
I'm off to paint another piece of furniture.

That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment