Sunday, November 11, 2018

Coffee and Muffins

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving
is less than 2 weeks away.
If you are hosting Thanksgiving dinner
you know how crazy busy the morning can be.
Before anything happens in this household
I like to enjoy a cup of coffee and a muffin before
I start prepping for dinner.
This girl just can't function without my
caffeine fix each morning.
In order for me to enjoy the morning,
I'll mix up a batch of muffins ahead
of time and throw them in the freezer.
I'll pull them out of the freezer the night
before to thaw than all I have to do
is pop one in the microwave for
a few seconds to warm.

This year I made a batch of
Pecan Cranberry muffins.
What's Thanksgiving without some form of cranberries included?
We're not big fans of cranberry sauce,
our family prefers turkey and gravy,
 but we do enjoy them
mixed into muffins, breads and cookies.
Hubby loves these muffins.
I don't make your standard size muffins.
Oh no, not in this house.
I go for the large size.
One of these is plenty with your morning cup of Joe.
It keeps me satisfied until dinner time.
Don't care for cranberries?
Give these Pecan Cranberry muffins a try.
I'm sure you will be a fan too,
just like my Hubby.

PECAN CRANBERRY MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS:

1+1/2 cups Fresh Cranberries, chopped or whole
2 cups Sugar, divided
3+1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
4+1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, cold
2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup Milk
1 cup Pecans, chopped
1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350°.

In a medium size bowl, toss cranberries with 1 cup of sugar; set aside.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt and the remaining 1 cup of sugar. Whisk together to combine.

Using a pastry blender, cut butter into mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.

Combine your lightly beaten eggs and milk together. Add into the flour mixture and stir until
just moistened. Your mixture will be very thick, unlike cake batter.

Fold in chopped pecans, lemon zest and cranberries.

Fill paper lined muffin cups about 3/4 full.

Bake for 25 minutes, or until muffins test done with a toothpick and tops are slightly golden.

Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.

That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica



No comments:

Post a Comment