Sunday, December 21, 2014

Joy to the World

As we are getting closer to Christmas, my
Christmas projects are winding down.
 
I wanted to make a couple of Christmas pillow covers that could be
used after Christmas as well.
 
I saw these Poinsettia pillows from Pottery Barn a couple
of years ago and really liked them.  I knew that I could make these
for way cheaper than what they wanted for them.
 
 
Pottery Barn
 
I wanted my poinsettias to be red on a neutral background.
This is my take on Pottery Barn's poinsettia pillow.
 
 
These pillows were super easy to make!
 
I made a petal shape in 3 sizes.
Cut out 5 of each shape using felt.
 Baste stitched a line down the center
of each petal and pulled the thread to make the petal have a scrunched look.
Hot glued each petal onto the pillow cover.
Hot glued the silver bells in the center.
 
I made 2 pillow covers and placed them on the couch.
 
The couch didn't look completely dressed for the holidays.  The
center looked a little bare.  I think it needed another pillow and a throw.
I knew that I wanted a pillow with some kind of saying on it for the center of the couch.
So off to the craft room I go to create a center pillow.
 
I never hand painted on material before so I thought I would give it a try.
 
This is the design that I created and hand painted to make a center pillow.
The throw I bought from Joann Fabric for 50% off!
 
 
 
First I made my pillow cover.
Then I created my design using my Silhouette Cameo machine.  I printed off my design
and traced it on my material using carbon paper.  Next I hand painted my traced design.
DONE!
Simple, quick and easy.
 
Here they are displayed on the family room couch.
The angle I took this picture makes the poinsettia pillows look funny.  They really don't look like
that on the couch.  They look like the first picture I showed of the pillow.
 
 
DIY projects really do help you decorate your home for very few dollars.
 
I have one more post before Christmas and that will be the last of the Christmas projects
for this year.  I already have lots planned for next year!
So stay tuned.
 
Happy Holidays!
Veronica
 


No comments:

Post a Comment