Sunday, May 17, 2015

Herbs

I've made another change in the kitchen.
 
Imagine that, me making changes!
 
Hubby says that I am forever changing things.
 
Isn't that what life is all about?  Change.
 
He likes to have everything stay the same FOREVER!
 
I for one LOVE change.  Plus it gives me a reason to be creative!

Since I created my chalkboard in the kitchen I wanted to lighten things up a bit in the kitchen. But I wasn't quite sure just what I wanted to do, until I noticed my little herb garden on our kitchen window sill.

 
I was getting tired of the dark rooster pictures I had hanging in the kitchen.

 
I had already taken these down and realized I deleted my picture of them hanging on the kitchen wall.  I pulled these out of the closet and snapped a quick picture.  Please ignore my reflection in the pictures.

I replaced my rooster pictures with 3 pictures of my most used herbs.  It's hard to get a good picture in our kitchen because the lighting is not the greatest, but you get the idea.

Parsley

Rosemary
 
and...
Thyme.
 
Here is how I created my herb pictures.
 
I purchased 3 inexpensive frames from Walmart.
 
 
I then took them apart and painted the frame with acrylic paint in Robin's Egg Blue.
 
 
I found 3 herb pictures from Graphic Fairies and printed them onto good cardstock. Place them inside the frame and I was done.
 
Here is a before and after picture.
 
 
And here they are on our kitchen wall, bad lighting and all.
 
 
I'm very happy how these turned out.  The lighting makes these look like they are wrinkled. No wrinkles in these prints!  They truly look like professional prints.  Hubby likes the lighter look also in the kitchen.  I always run my ideas by him but It's hard for him to vision them.  I knew that he would come around once he saw the final results!
 
That's it for this week.
 
Make sure you check in next week.  I have a fun project that the kids can get involved in also.
 
Until next time,
Veronica
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

1 comment: