Sunday, December 6, 2015

1 Wreath, 2 Doors

I was talking to our DIL the other day about
Decking the Halls for Christmas.
She mentioned that because they have
double doors on their entrance that she
would have to buy 2 wreaths.
Being the crafter that I am, I volunteered to make their wreaths for them,
but instead of making 2 wreaths, I decided to make one BIG wreath with a twist.
I started with a 36 inch wreath form.
Here is the wreath all DECKED out.
Here are a couple of close ups.
I made a big bow and attached it to the top.
Our Son likes a lot of sparkle at Christmas time,
so I made sure that I added a lot of sparkle-y to the wreath.
And because it is an outdoor wreath I added a little bird.
Once I had the wreath complete it was time to take it to
our Son's house and hang it up.
 
Here is our DIL preparing the doors.
Here is the wreath hung on the doors.
But how do you open the door with the wreath in the way?
 
Here is the twist.
 
Before I decorated the wreath,
I had Hubby cut the wreath in half!
 
Then I decorated each half separately.
 
Isn't that a BRILLIANT idea?
 
This way when you open either door the wreath will stay in place.
When the doors are closed
you would never know that it was 2 separate pieces!
(I can see that the DIL needs to fluff the bottom a little more)
 
 Can you tell it is in 2 pieces?
 
Here is our DIL fluffing the wreath.
This wreath can easily be soldered back together
if they decide they want it in one piece.
 
Our Son and DIL LOVE their new unique wreath.
 
That's all I have for this week.
 
Until Next Time,
Veronica
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading.
    Θωρακισμένες πόρτες

    ReplyDelete