Sunday, December 13, 2015

On Dasher, Dancer and a Sled.

Oh the hustle and bustle of the holiday season!
 
But you know what?

I LOVE this time of year!
 
Last week I posted a wreath that I had made for our Son and DIL.
I originally made a different one but then I realized that
it would be exposed to the elements.
 
I started out with the same type of wreath form.
This wreath I left in one piece.
Here is the finished wreath.
Here are a couple of close ups.
For this wreath I made a burlap bow.
Since I decided not to give it to our Son,
I hung it on our front door.
Isn't it the perfect fit!
I'm glad I decided to keep it.
Since I was in the designing mood,
I thought that I would dig out an old
sled that I've had for a few years
and dress it up for the holidays too.
It's a Flexible Flyer that I found at a garage sale
for $10.00!  It was in great shape. The only thing missing
was the rope to pull it with, which wasn't a big deal to me.
I remember having one of these when I was a child.
My siblings and I would spend hours outside
in the winter playing in the snow with this.
Do you remember these sleds?
Once I had it decorated,
I placed it between our garage doors.
And a close up of the sled.
Every time I see this it brings back happy childhood memories.
 
Hubby decided he wanted something
sweet to eat today.  I try to make sweets that don't
contain caffeine so that Hubby can enjoy them.
Today I made some White Chocolate Candy Cane Chex Mix,
and also a batch of White Peppermint Bark.
 
I think this will take care of his sweet tooth for a while!
 That's it for this week.
Check back in next week for more Christmas around our house.
Until Next Time,
Veronica
 

No comments:

Post a Comment