Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Shortness Of Summer

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there!

Oh my golly gosh!
We are already in the middle of June
and tomorrow is the first day of Summer!

And with Summer beginning that means
STRAWBERRY PICKING SEASON!

We look forward to strawberry season every year.
Strawberry picking season is in full swing around here.

Hubby and I went strawberry picking on Thursday
morning before we headed off to work.
It took us 10 minutes to pick 20 pounds of strawberries!
Yes, you read that right.
That's how polluted the strawberry plants were!
Oh, and the strawberries were HUGE!

The thing about picking so many strawberries
is I have to clean them.  I don't mind doing this
though because I LOVE strawberries!
You should see me when I clean them.

Did you ever watched the Lucille Ball show?
Do you remember the episode where Lucille and Ethel
worked at the chocolate factory?
Yep, that's what I look like when I'm cleaning strawberries!
As fast as I'm cleaning them I'm shoveling them in my mouth!
It's a good thing we pick a lot of strawberries!

Hubby couldn't wait until I was done.
He wanted some strawberry shortcake!
Usually I make biscuits for the strawberry shortcake,
but Hubby decided that he wanted Angel Food cake instead.
Luckily for me I thought ahead and grabbed a cake at the store.
I had to quick take my pictures for this blog post.
The shortcake was starting to topple.
It still tasted YUMMY though!
Now that Hubby had his Strawberry Shortcake,
he decided that he would like to have some Strawberry Freezer Jam!
Looks like I'm headed to the strawberry patch again
to get more strawberries!
Tomorrow the days start getting shorter!
So get out there and enjoy the Summer while it lasts.
Have a happy and safe Summer.

That's it for this week.

Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment