Sunday, June 26, 2016

We Be Jammin'

Well, I was able to get Hubby's Strawberry Jam made.
It's a good thing we went to the strawberry patch again
on Thursday because today was the last day for strawberry picking.
Strawberry season only lasts about 2 weeks, any longer and the
berries are slim pickin'.

I wanted to get a picture of Hubby eating his jam
but he's a little camera shy.
So you will have to just enjoy the pictures of the jam I made.

Doesn't it look yummy?
It is beyond yummy!
The good thing about this jam is once you get it made
you can eat it immediately!
It can be refrigerated up to 3 week,
or placed into the freezer for 1 year.
If you are like this household it won't last a year,
let alone 3 weeks!

Would you like to know how I make this super easy jam?
No more standing over a hot stove to make jam!
Simply crush, stir and freeze.
Ya gotta love that!

Follow along and I'll show you how.

This is the magic to making this jam.
I pick this up in our local grocery store.
You can find this in any
grocery store in the canning section.
I used half pint and pint size jars to put my jam into,
but you can use any type of freezer container.
Add 1 1/2 cups of sugar into a large bowl
and add the packet of Freezer Jam Pectin.
Stir mixture to completely combine.
Add 4 cups of crushed fruit of choice.
*If you don't have fresh fruit you can
substitute frozen and get the same results.
Stir mixture for 3 minutes.
Ladle Freezer Jam into clean freezer containers,
making sure to leave 1/2 inch headspace for expansion.
Place lids on and let set for 30 minutes to thicken.
Serve immediately, refrigerate or freeze.
THAT'S IT!
Wasn't that easy?

From one packet I got 2 pint jars and 4 half pint jars of jam.

It doesn't get much easier than that!

Oh the sweet taste of Summer!
I mailed a couple of jars of this jam to my FIL
because I know that he LOVES this jam,
and a couple of jars were given as
Thank You gifts.
These make wonderful gifts!

So go make some jam and share the sweetness!


That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica


No comments:

Post a Comment