Sunday, June 5, 2016

Why Didn't I Think Of That!

We tend to wash our hands a lot around here.
Our kitchen sink has a built in soap dispenser
that is a handy little thing to have.
I love this thing except for one little thing.
The bottle that holds the soap is too small.
I am constantly having to refill it.
I went to refill it the other day and the
top of the bottle was broke.

A while back I came across a simple solution to my
problem of constantly having to refill my bottle.
Now was the perfect time to put it to use!

I removed the tube from the bottom of the dispenser
and took the pump part of the soap dispenser
down to our local hardware store and
purchased a hose that fit tightly onto
the base of the dispenser.
The hardware store sold the tubing by the foot.
I purchased 2 1/2 feet and it costs me $1.09.
I always keep a big bottle of  hand soap on hand to
refill the soap dispenser.
Once I had my new tubing attached to the soap dispenser pump,
I removed the lid from the big bottle of hand soap
and had Hubby drill the hole big enough to fit the tubing through.
I placed the lid back onto the big bottle of  hand soap
and placed the bottle under the sink in the corner where the
soap dispenser is. I reattached the soap dispenser with the
tubing and measured to make sure the tubing was long
enough to reach the bottom of the bottle of hand soap.
I cut the tubing at an angle and placed it inside the
hand soap bottle.
No more having to stand on my head to unscrew the small
soap dispenser bottle to refill!
 This 64 ounce bottle should last us a while!
I pumped the dispenser about 30 times before the soap
started to come out.  Once it starts you should be good to go!
I LOVE this idea!
It works like a charm!
Hubby didn't think this was going to work because it
was too far from the pump.
What a BRILLIANT idea.
Why didn't I think of that!
Such a simple thing that saves so much
time and frustration!

That's it for this week.

Until Next Time,
Veronica



No comments:

Post a Comment