Sunday, May 21, 2017

A Birthday Gift

I have a wonderful Father-In-Law.
Truly.
He understands and encourages my creative side.
He loves to work with wood and build beautiful wood pieces.
He is my go-to person when I need something built.
I was on the look out for a console table to
add to our kitchen. I had an image in my head
and knew I wouldn't be happy until I found the
"perfect piece". I scoured the internet and stores
looking for the "perfect piece" with no luck.
I did however find a design that I liked but wasn't willing
to spend that kind of money for something that
 I knew was cheaply made and wouldn't stand the test of time.
So I did the next best thing.
I asked my Father-In- Law if he could build
me a console table.

Build he did.
 Then he surprised me by telling me it was my birthday present!
I had him build it from pine and beadboard because I
wanted to paint it. This console table is so well built I
don't ever have to worry about it falling apart.
He built this table back in June and I finally got
around to painting it last weekend.
I mixed a couple of paints together to create a
Farmhouse White color. I didn't want a stark
bright white. I was going for a creamy soft white look. 
It's the "perfect piece".
Here it is all dressed up.
I've already started filling the drawers!

I placed a dish on the top for Hubby to place his keys, loose change,
and wallet in instead of throwing them on the top and marking it up.

Of course the bottom had to get styled also.
Here is an angle from the other side of the kitchen.
We enter the house through the laundry room which
is the door you see in this photo. Hubby can now
walk in and empty his pockets here instead of on the kitchen island.
Hubby walks by this table and comments on what
a great job his Dad and I did. This console table
will be cherished for many years.

Thanks Bumpa for a job well done.
That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment