Sunday, May 14, 2017

Guest Bath Reveal

Finally, It's DONE!

We've actually had it done for months.
When I went to take the final pictures
for the reveal I noticed that our mirror
was a different color.
Noooooooo!
So I had to wait until it was warmer
weather to repaint the mirror.
Which I happened to get done yesterday!

Let's take a look at the beginning.

When Hubby decided to start
re-doing the guest bath he started
to rip things apart before I could
take pictures. I'm not one to tell
him to stop what he is doing just
so I can get some before pictures.
Heck no, let him rip!
We needed to get this bathroom done.

This is what we started with, minus the mirror.
It was a simple builder grade mirror.
Moving around the room to the left.
The upper half of the walls were
painted mint and the bottom half was
painted lavender. Little dragonflies were
stenciled on the walls in various places and
a wallpaper border was added.
This was the wallpaper border.


We went from this....
Drum roll please....
To this.
What a difference!
Things that we did to the guest bathroom.

1. Removed wallpaper border and repainted the room gray.
2. Replaced the light fixture above the mirror.
 3. Removed the builder grade mirror and replaced it with a framed mirror.
I bought this mirror from Walmart because it was the perfect size
for this bathroom. Wrong color, right size = no worries.
I painted it white and added
a coat of polyurethane to it which turned it yellow!
So off the wall it came yesterday and got a new coat
of paint which matched perfectly.
Instead of using polyurethane to protect the
paint I used Annie Sloan Clear Wax.
4. We added a solid oak cupboard above the commode
to store bathroom essentials.
5. I kept the same trash can but gave it a new look
by decoupaging scrapbook paper to it.
6. Removed the old shower curtain and rod and
replaced it with new drapes and rods.
Here is a close up of the design on the curtains.
7. I needed a piece of framed art for the wall
above the towel rack. I took an old frame
that I had and gave it a weathered look
with white and gray paint. I added a piece
of the same scrapbook paper to match
the trash can.
A simple inexpensive piece of art.
8. This bathroom has a tiled floor.
The tile was in great shape but
the grout was nasty looking and needed
to have something done to it.
Paint to the rescue!
So I got down on my butt and painted it.
This took me roughly 8 hours to do.
The top half of the picture shows the
painted grout. Check out the lower half
and see how nasty this grout looked.
9. Now it looks beautiful with a new rug.
Another room completed and checked off the To Do List.
With a little money and a lot of sweat equity
we were able to transform this bathroom to
a more neutral updated look.
That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment