Sunday, May 7, 2017

Scrub A Dub

Garden season prep is upon us.
Whether it be flower or vegetable gardens,
I'm the type of person who hates to wear garden
gloves. I would much rather dig in the dirt with my
bare hands. Unfortunately, I end up with rough, dry hands.

One way I get my hands back to being soft and smooth
before Summer season begins is to use a Homemade Salt Scrub.

I love the smell of lavender and vanilla together, so
this year I made a
Lavender Vanilla scented salt scrub.
Not only does it smell good, it's pretty too.
Salt scrubs help exfoliate, clean, moisturize
and sooth your body.
If you know how to measure and stir,
you too can make your own luxurious salt scrub.
I have also made this using Grapeseed Oil or
Sweet Almond Oil.
Measure and mix your Coconut Oil and Epsom Salt
together in a glass mixing bowl until completely combined.
Add in the Essential Oil of choice and stir.
Add 2 drops of food color and stir.
Place mixture into a pretty glass container and enjoy.
The Coconut Oil is used to hydrate your skin,
while the Epsom Salt exfoliates and scrubs away
dead skin and leaves your skin soft and smooth.
Let's not forget about the lavender and vanilla
scents. They provide the fresh, floral, clean smell
and have a calming effect.
Right before bedtime I will treat my hands
with this luxurious salt scrub.
The soft subtle smell of lavender and
vanilla helps me drift off to a peaceful sleep.
LAVENDER VANILLA SALT SCRUB

2 cups Coconut Oil
1 cup Epsom Salt
20 drops Lavender Essential Oil (or add more to aquire desired scent)
10 drops Vanilla Extract

Mix together the Coconut oil and Epsom salt in a medium glass bowl.
Add your Essential Oil of choice and stir to completely combine.
Add 2 drops of food color and mix to combine.
Place into a pretty glass jar.

That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment