Sunday, August 13, 2017

Hello You

Hello You.
It's me again, Veronica.
If you happen to follow along with my blog,
you know that I am slowly working my way
around our home and styling areas that need
a little styling/restyling.
Our lower level of our home has a family room, with
bar area, 2 bedrooms, a full bath and a room that we
use as a work out room, plus a small area for storage.
The area in the above picture is the hallway that
leads to the guest bathroom and bedrooms.
It was a plain hallway that needed to be a little dressed up.
I had an extra blank canvas that was dying to be
made into a piece of art.
I thought that a piece of art would be enough
to dress up this bare wall.
Ummm, no.
That wall still looked bare to me.
It was o.k., but it still needed a little something to cover up the
carbon monoxide detector. I didn't want to buy anything new so I went
digging through my stash of home decor and furniture that is in
our storage area to see what I could find.
I found this stand that used to be in our kitchen.
I kept digging and came across this floral arrangement
and placed it on the stand.
Ignore the crooked picture, I didn't have my tripod level.
Oopsie!
That's better.
I really liked the simple arrangement on the stand,
but the only thing wrong with this was
you could still see the carbon monoxide detector.
Drats!
So I kept digging and found a tobacco basket.
On the stand it went.
I liked the look of the tobacco basket on the
stand but it kept falling down and wouldn't
stand up to cover the detector.
Back to digging.
Next, I found this birdhouse that I bought many,
many years ago at a craft show.
It helped to hold up the basket.
O.k. that looks better.
Except,
now I needed to balance out the
right side of the stand.
So I placed Hubby's childhood bible,
which was the perfect off white color
on the bottom right side.
It was still a little off balance.
Back to digging.
I found a short pillar candle holder and placed
it on top of the bible.
Dang it, now the right side is too dark!!!
Back to digging some more.
How about a little blue bird on top of the pillar candle holder?
I love using birds in my decor.
I think I'm finally satisfied with this look.
Yeah!
From plain and boring.....
to an unexpected welcoming hallway.
Not only did I get a nicely styled hallway,
with plenty of room to walk around the corner,
but best of all...
it didn't cost me a dime!
Hubby definitely loved that!

That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica




No comments:

Post a Comment