Sunday, January 14, 2018

My Last Working Christmas

I just celebrated my last working Christmas from my real job.
The one that pays the bills, not my Blog job.
Next year I will be RETIRING before Christmas.

My goodness, where have the years gone?
At times, the day to day routine seemed to drag
and I never thought that I would get to this stage
in my life, yet here we are 30 years later.
It seems so surreal.

Each year at Christmas time all the employees
get together and we create a feast that is unbelievable.
There is such an abundance and variety of food to feast on it's
like going to one of the buffets in Las Vegas!

This year my contribution was Hot Reuben Dip.
If you love Reuben sandwiches, you're going to love this dip.

It's a perfect dip to place in a slow cooker and cart off to work.
(I tripled the recipe)
No one at work had ever heard of Hot Reuben Dip.
It was a BIG hit.
How could it not be!
It has all the makings of a Reuben sandwich.
My co-worker actually made a sandwich with it.
It's a good thing I saved a bowl full for my photo shoot.
I ended up bringing home an empty slow cooker.😋
You'll want to add this dip recipe to your recipe box.

HOT REUBEN DIP

1 (8 oz.) package Cream Cheese, softened
8 ounces deli Corned Beef, coarsely chopped
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup Sauerkraut, drained well
1/4 cup Sour Cream
1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
Triscuit crackers or Garlic flavored Rye Chips

INSTRUCTIONS

In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream and Thousand Island dressing together until well blended. Add the chopped corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese, stir until combined.

Place into a slow cooker, or crockpot. Heat on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or LOW for 4 to 6 hours.

Serve with crackers or chips.

ENJOY!

Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment