Sunday, January 13, 2019

Winter Blues

I'm so glad that the new year is here.
Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas
and everything that goes along with it
but I'm so ready to slow down and relax.
All that hustling and bustling and stress
from our appliances dying on Christmas eve
as I was preparing dinner has wore me out.

Winter is in full swing here in Wisconsin.
One thing I am not is a winter person.
I love seeing the freshly fallen snow on the pine trees.
Our snow has since melted and our
view is brown and drab.
What I don't enjoy is the long cold
 dark days that winter brings.

I was in dire need of a quiet
serene place to rest and rejuvenate.
What better place to do that than our master bedroom?
I wanted our master bedroom to be light and bright,
yet calming, soothing and peaceful,
not only to myself but Hubby also.
I'm a big believer in the psychology of color
and how it effects our senses.
Enter the color blue.
The color blue provokes a sense of calm and serenity,
which in turn provokes security and a feeling of safety.
I started with a set of  white sheets.
Next, a blue and white striped duvet with a down comforter
inserted created a layer of warmth.
To bring in a cozy feel and add an extra layer of warmth to the bed,
I added a knit throw at the end of the bed and a light yellow throw pillow.
I started playing around with different textured throws
to see what effect I liked best.
As I was snapping pictures Hubby walked in
and commented that
"That looks nice".
I couldn't wait to crawl into this bed at night with a good book.
 Those mirrors above the bed?
 Hubby and I created those.
Check back in next week and I'll show you how we made them.
 Nothing but warm and soothing colors in our master bedroom
to chase away the winter blues.
That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica


No comments:

Post a Comment