Sunday, January 20, 2019

Garden Lattice Mirror

Last week I showed this image of our master bedroom
and mentioned that Hubby and I created the mirrors
above our bed.
A few years ago I spotted this mirror at Pottery Barn
and it was instant love.
I loved that mirror but couldn't justify spending a couple
hundred $$ for it. But I never forgot about that mirror.
Here we are a couple of years later and this mirror popped
into my head. That's what I wanted to hang
above our tufted headboard.
Sadly, Pottery Barn no longer sells this mirror.
I couldn't get that mirror out of my head though.
So I finally got my butt in gear and created my own version.

Hubby helped me assemble it 
and hang it above our tufted headboard.
I don't have a step-by-step tutorial for this
because I wasn't sure my idea was going to work out.
All supplies were purchased from Joann Fabric.
To create the lattice I found these 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch
wooden slats and stained them on all sides.. Once I had them laid out
in the pattern I wanted, Hubby helped me staple them together
using a staple gun.
The outer circle was created by using a 24 inch wooden
quilting hoop and stained the same color.
I only used the inner circle of the hoop.
Before staining the hoop, I placed the hoop on top of the stapled
slats and traced around the outer edge of the hoop. Using a jigsaw,
Hubby cut the slats on the traced line to create a circle.
The stained hoop was then secured on the side without the
staples (the front) using E6000 glue.
The inside design was created by using a 10 inch mirror,
a 10 inch wooden embroidery hoop and (8) 8 inch wooden
embroidery hoops, which were also stained the same color.
Four of the 8 inch hoops were cut in half to create the petals.
All hoops and the mirror were secured using E6000 glue.
The two side mirrors were created using 10 inch mirrors and 10 inch
wooden embroidery hoops.
To hang them, Hubby attached sawtooth hangers
on the back of each piece.
We are loving our version of the Garden Lattice Mirror.
I just knew it would be the perfect piece to go above our bed.
And the best part about our garden lattice mirror?
Not only is it a one-of-a-kind piece,
it was a fraction of the cost to build it compared to the
Pottery Barn version.
That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment