Sunday, September 22, 2019

Makin' Bacon

Who doesn't love the taste of bacon?

Here is our home we go through a lot
of bacon. We love to have it with our Sunday
morning breakfast, or just pull a piece
or two out of the refrigerator and eat.
Plus I like to always have it on hand to
add to my cooking.
It adds so much flavor
to your dishes.

The one and only thing I don't like about bacon
is the hot splattered greasy mess it makes when you cook it.
When I make bacon I usually will make up a large
batch at a time. Not only is it time consuming to cook,
it's oh so messy.

I finally have discovered a way to cook large
amounts of bacon without creating a
hot splattered greasy mess, takes less
time to cook and the bacon turns out 
perfect every time
with just the right amount of crispness.

This is our favorite bacon which
we buy at Costco. It comes in a 3 pack.
This bacon has the most wonderful smokey flavor.

Let's make some bacon!

The secret to perfectly cooked bacon every time without
the mess......your oven!

Preheat oven to 425°.

Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Place a cooling rack inside the baking sheet
and spray with cooking spray.
Place bacon strips onto the greased cooling rack.

I cook 2 pans at a time.
I place one pan on the top rack of the oven
and the second pan goes on the middle rack.
Bake for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes I rotate the pans by
placing the top pan on the middle rack and
the middle rack pan on the top.
By doing this you get evenly cooked bacon.
Bake an additional 7-10 minutes,
or until desired crispness.
Perfect every time!
The best part about cooking your bacon this way
is the greasy mess drips onto the aluminum
lined baking sheet and doesn't splatter inside the oven.
Clean up is a breeze.
Simply let the pans cool and
remove the aluminum foil and toss.
I then throw the baking pans and cooling
racks into the dishwasher to clean.
It doesn't get any easier than that.
This is the inside of my oven after
baking the bacon. Absolutely no greasy MESS!
This is the only way I cook bacon anymore.
Give it a try and I'm sure this will be your
new way of cooking bacon also.

That's it for this week.

Until Next Time,
Veronica




No comments:

Post a Comment