Sunday, November 24, 2019

Re-Purposing an Old Wreath

Can you believe that our Christmas tree is
up and decorated?

I know, I know.
Some of you are thinking that's
just crazy talk.

It's true though.
We love to put our tree up early
and with Thanksgiving being late this
year we (I mean I) decided to have our
tree up earlier than usual. Besides, I
have to be in the mood to decorate it
and I was in the mood. So up went the tree.

Once the tree was up and decorated I
figured since I was in the mood to decorate
I might as well keep going and
decorate the rest of the house.
Not only is the tree and house decorated,
our Christmas shopping is done!
Never have we been done this early with
our Christmas decorating and shopping.
Oh, and some of the presents are wrapped!
Just waiting for the remainder of them
to start trickling in to wrap.

WOOHOO!!!

One of the last decoration to go up
was a wreath for our kitchen.
I can't see buying a new wreath
when I know that I can make one
for very little money.
I started our with an old store bought decorated wreath
from a friend who was just going to throw it out.
I removed all the old, worn out
decorations and threw them away.
They weren't worth salvaging.
I wanted to have a blank canvas to start with.
The wreath itself was in good condition.
I didn't have any plan as to how I wanted it to look.
For inspiration I added this pine cone ornament
that I made last year.
Once the pine cone ornament was added I dug through
my stash of Christmas picks and decorations to see
what I could come up with. I randomly started placing
the picks and such into the wreath (I did not glue anything),
and stepping back every so often to see
how it was looking. Once I was satisfied with the
placement of everything, I fluffed the branches to
create fullness and to give it a more natural look.

Here is the end result.
Costs to create this wreath.
$0.
I've had these decorations and picks for years.
By not glueing anything to the wreath I will
be able to re-use these for years to come
to create new looks.
Don't overlook those tired and worn out
wreaths. You can always create something
new and beautiful for very little money.

 Now I can sit back and relax for the holidays.
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment