Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Sweet Taste of Fall

Now that Fall is officially upon us I've
been hankering to make some caramel corn.
 
I've never made it before but I figured
what the heck I'll give it a try.
 
I didn't want a recipe that took a lot of time or was complicated.
So I searched for the easiest recipe I could find that sounded like
it would be easy and yummy.
 
Well, I think I found it!
EASY & YUMMY!
 
And cleanup was a breeze!
*Use nonstick pans*
 
Just look at all that YUMMINESS!
 
Yes, that really is made by little ole me.
 
 
Doesn't it look delish?
Just look at all that beautiful buttery, caramel color!
 
I bet you're wondering how I made it, right?
 
I must WARN you first though.
 
THIS STUFF IS ADDICTIVE!
 
Once you make this you won't want to eat the
store bought stuff again.
 
So follow along with my step by step instructions and you
too can make this yummy caramel corn in a matter of minutes.
 
*The recipe will be posted at the end of this post.
 
First gather all of your ingredients and supplies needed.
(Oops, I forgot to include my jellyroll pans)
 
 
Line your jellyroll pans with waxpaper and set aside.
 
You will need to pop 7 quarts of popcorn.
  (I cheated and used microwave popcorn)
3 bags of Orville Redenbacher's Butter = 7 quarts
 
Place the popped popcorn in a large greased baking pan and add the peanuts, set aside.
(I used my nonstick roasting pan)
 
Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a
nonstick saucepan. 
 
 
Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat,
stirring enough to blend.  Once the mixture begins to boil,
boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
 
 
Remove from the heat, and stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
The mixture will look light and foamy.  Immediately pour
over the popcorn.
 

I think this picture turned out pretty good.  I was pouring the
mixture and taking a picture with my other hand at the same time.
I wouldn't recommend doing this though.
 
Stir to coat.
Don't worry about getting all of the popcorn coated at this time.
 
 
Grab your brown paper grocery bags and place half of the mixture
into each bag.
 
Microwave each bag on high for 30-40 seconds.
Remove the bag from the microwave and give it a good shake.
Repeat microwaving and shaking for a total of 4 times for each bag.
 
 
Spread the caramel corn onto your prepared jellyroll pans and let cool.
Break up any large pieces.
 

 
 
When your done, just throw the bags in the trash!
Easy, Breezy, right?
 
 
So grab your caramel corn and a good movie
and enjoy this deliciously, buttery caramel corn.
 
 
 
CARAMEL CORN
 
7 quarts popped Popcorn (3 bags Orville Redenbacher's Microwave Butter Popcorn)
2 cups Spanish Peanuts, or nuts of your choice (optional)
2 cups Golden Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
 
 Line your jellyroll pans with waxpaper and set aside.  Pop your popcorn and place in your greased baking pan and set aside.
 
Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a nonstick saucepan.  Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring enough to blend.  Once the mixture begins to boil, boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
 
Remove from the heat, and stir in the baking soda and vanilla. The mixture will look light and foamy.  Immediately pour over the popcorn.  Stir to coat. Don't worry about getting all of the popcorn coated at this time. Grab your brown paper grocery bags and place half of the mixture into each bag.
 Microwave each bag on high for 30-40 seconds. Remove the bag from the microwave and give it a good shake.  Repeat microwaving and shaking for a total of 4 times for each bag. Spread the caramel corn onto your prepared jellyroll pans and let cool. Break up any large pieces.
 
Happy Snacking!
 
Veronica
 


No comments:

Post a Comment