Sunday, March 15, 2015

Whiskers and Homemade Chicken Salad

 
Lately I've been hungry for chicken salad.
I like making my chicken salad with grilled chicken breast.
This chicken salad is so versatile.  It would be good on
a bed of lettuce, in a wrap, made into a sandwich, or
placed in a dish and served with a side of crackers.
 
I served mine with Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil Triscuits.
So yummy for a quick lunch.
 
Since the weather here has been just beautiful I thought
now would be a good time for Hubby to grill some
chicken breasts for me.  Actually he grilled it
yesterday for me and I let it set in the refrigerator
overnight to absorb the grilled favor.
 
Hubby grills a mean chicken breast!  It is always so juicy
and flavorful.
 
This morning I put together my chicken salad and
let it sit in the refrigerator to chill until lunch time.
 
*Chicken salad recipe posted at the end of this post.
 
While I was letting the chicken salad chill I
thought I would create a bunny fold napkin.
 
These would be so cute to sit on each plate
for your Easter dinner table.
 
Here are the step-by-step instructions so that you too
can make these cute bunny napkins.
 
*Please ignore my dingy pressing board.  It gets used a lot for crafts.
 
1. Start with a fresh pressed square napkin.  Mine measures 18" x 18"
2.  Fold the napkin in 1/2 and iron a crease in the center as a guide line.
3.  Open the napkin and fold up to the crease line.
4.  Fold the napkin up a second & third time to create a long rectangle.
5.  Fold the rectangle in 1/2 and press a center crease line using your hand.
6.  Unfold the napkin back to the rectangle shape and fold the left
side down to the center crease line.
7.  Fold down the right side to the crease line.
8.  Fold the lower left and right sides of the napkin
up to the middle.
9.  Carefully turn the napkin over with the solid point facing up.
10.  Fold the top point down.
11.  Carefully turn the napkin over and fold the left & right
sides over to the center.  This will be the back of the bunny.
Press with a hot iron.
12.  Turn the napkin to the front and add your whiskers and nose.
I used a piece of twine and tied a knot in the center and unraveled
the ends to form whiskers.  Then I used a button for the nose.
You can either sew or glue these on.
Fluff the ears.
13.  Turn the napkin over with the ears facing down and
tuck the right side of the edge into the left side.
14.  Turn your bunny upright and fluff one final time and display.
 
Homemade Chicken Salad
2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup quartered green grapes
3/4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
1/8 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons minced onion
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
 
Combine chicken, bacon, water chestnuts, celery, grapes and walnuts in a large bowl; set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients; add to the salad and toss to coat.
Chill until ready to serve.
 
ENJOY!
Veronica

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment