Sunday, March 1, 2015

DIY Foaming Hand Soap

Do you like using those
Foaming Hand Soaps that
Bath & Body Works sell?
 
 
They usually have these on sale for 3 for $15.00, or
if you hit the sale at the right time you can get them
for 5 for $15.00.
 
I really like these and tend to stock up on them
when there is a sale.
Little did I know that they are loaded with ingredients
that I can't even pronounce.
 
 
As you probably know, I am in the process
of making our home more chemical free.
 
Did you know that you can make this
Foaming Hand Soap with just
a few simple chemical free ingredients,
and that it costs just pennies to make?
 
 
All you need is:
 
Water
Pure Castile Soap (scented or unscented)
*Castile soap is made from Coconut oil and Olive oil*
I ordered mine on-line from walgreens.com. $16.00 for 32 oz.
I buy the unscented because I like to add my own scents.
Essential Oil (optional, if using unscented)
Colorant (optional)
Foaming Hand Pump Bottle (I save mine and reuse them)
 
A few simple all natural ingredients in the Castile Soap.
 
 
Let's make some Foaming Hand Soap.
 
Fill your container to within an inch from the top with water.
You want to make sure you leave enough room for the pump.
 
*Make sure you add the water first before adding the soap.
You don't want it to foam up and fill the container.
 
Add 2 Tablespoons of Castile Soap.
Add 2-3 drops of Essential oil
and 1 drop of colorant, if using.
 
Place the pump on and give
the container a couple of gentle shakes.
 
 
This will separate after sitting for a while.
Just give it a couple gentle shakes before using
and you are good to go.
 
 
This foams up just as good as the store bought brands, plus
it nourishes your hands with the natural oils.
Not only does it feel good, it costs pennies to make.
Another win, win, homemade chemical free product.
 
Give this recipe a try and I know that you will like it too.
 
 
 
*I was at Costco yesterday and noticed that they carry Castile Soap
for under $10.00 for a 32 oz. bottle.
 
Until next time,
Veronica
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment