Sunday, July 5, 2015

A Classical Timeless Style

Last week I mentioned that I purchased a second item
from Pottery Barn and would show y'all this week what it was.
 
Here is what I purchased.
 
 
The minute I saw it I just knew that I had to have it!
It is such a classic looking piece.
It reminded me of an old pocket watch.
 
Well wouldn't you know the name of this clock
is the Pocket Watch Clock!
 
I had a hard time deciding if I wanted the black one or the silver one.
As you can see I chose the large black one.
 
I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, I just knew I liked it
and had to have it.  It kept calling me back to look at it!
It was meant to come home with me!
 
I didn't do anything with it for about a week after I purchased it.
It sat in the box on the kitchen counter taunting me every time
I walked by it.  Even though I got it on sale I still paid good
hard earned money for it.  I needed to do something with it
instead of leaving it sit in the box.
 
As I was sitting enjoying a cup of coffee one evening facing
our curio cabinet, inspiration hit me right up side the head!
 
I could place it in our curio cabinet!
 
I carefully placed it on the top shelf (this clock is heavy).
I stood back and looked at it.
It didn't look right in there.
So I started rearranging replacing items in the curio cabinet.
 
This is an old picture but the layout is the same.
We rearranged the living room furniture awhile ago and moved
the cabinet to the other side of the room.
 
This is the before picture of the curio cabinet.
 
 
Here is what the curio cabinet looks like now.
 
 
A completely different look.
 
I realize this isn't the best of pictures.
I was taking these late at night and the lighting wasn't the best, plus I was tired.
 
Let's open the door and have a look inside.
 
 
Here are a couple of close ups of the shelves.
 
 
 
Did you notice how easily your eyes flowed from one shelf to the next?
I will show you how I accomplished that in another post.
 
This curio cabinet has a light in it which we turn on every night.
It has such a pleasant look now at night, as well as, the daytime.
I'm  so happy with how this turned out.
It now coordinates with the rest of the room.
 
 
That's it for this week.
 
Until Next Time,
Veronica
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment