Sunday, September 13, 2015

Another Thrift Store Find

Hubby is still recovering from his surgery.
He ended up getting a BAD staph infection
and is on heavy duty antibiotics.
Today he is showing signs of improvement!
 
It's a good thing that we have been home lately.
We had water damage in our lower lever
which needed to be taken care of immediately!
So the last 4 days I have been cleaning, cleaning, cleaning,
sorting, sorting, sorting, throwing away and donating what I could
and still trying to take care of Hubby.
It was a MESS!
 
On one of my trips to donate items to our local Thrift store,
I thought that I would pop in quickly to see if I could find
anything that I could repurpose.
I needed a little de-stressing therapy!
 
I found another urn!
This one costs me $2.29.
I knew exactly what I was going to do with this!
 
 
This one also had some fake flower arrangement that I removed
and donated back to the Thrift store.
I wanted only the urn.
 
This baby is HEAVY!
 
I liked the color o.k. but it was just a little too orange-y looking for me.
I wanted it to look like it had been sitting outside in
the elements and had developed a beautiful patina to it.
So I dug out my paints and painted it.
 
After the paint had dried I planted some succulents in it.
 
 
It now has that perfectly aged look.
 
 
Beautiful!
 
 
I have a secret....
 
My succulents are faux.
Could you tell that they are fake?
Take a closer look.
 
 
Hubby sure couldn't tell the difference!
They even feel like the real deal.
 
Right before I took my pictures, I spritzed my plants with a
water bottle to make it look like I had just watered them.
 
Wet or dry these plants look so realistic!
 
I am so happy how this little project turned out.
 
Especially since I don't have to worry about watering these!
They will last forever...
 or until our cat decides she wants to chew on them!
 
That's it for this week.
 
Until Next Time,
Veronica
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment