Sunday, September 27, 2015

Tabletop Greenhouse Tutorial

 
These tabletop greenhouses are so easy to make.
I know I say that about everything that I do,
but these really are easy and inexpensive to make,
plus they are lightweight.
 
I went to the Dollar Store and purchased
8 cheap, lightweight pictures frames.
 
2 - 8 x 10
2 - 5 x 7
4 - 4 x 6
 
Total costs for these picture frames were $8.44.
 
 
First I removed the backing and the glass.
 
I painted the frames, front and back, with white paint.
 
 
After the frames have dried it's time to secure the glass
in each frame.
 
On the backside of the picture frame, place a small dot of hot glue
into each corner and place the glass in, gently pushing into place.
Secure with the metal tabs.
 
 
Run a line of hot glue around the entire
edge of the glass.  This will prevent the glass from falling out.
 
 
Once all the frames have been assembled it's now time
to build your greenhouse.
 
Using the 8 x 10 and 5 x 7 frames, run a line of hot glue
down the side of the 5 x 7 frame and secure to the 8 x 10 frames.
 
 
It's o.k. if they don't match up perfectly.
Continue to glue on each frame until you've created a box.
 
Once your box is created, run a line of hot glue down each
corner on the inside of the box.  This will make it more secure.
 
 
Time to create the roof.
 
Take 2 of the 4 x 6 frames and glue together horizontally.
Make 2 of these.
 
 
DO NOT GLUE THE 2 SETS TOGETHER.
You want to be able to bend the roof in half.
 
We will be using Duct tape.
Yes, you read that right. Duct tape.
Because I painted my greenhouse white, I used white Duct tape.
You want the Duct tape to blend in with the rest of the greenhouse.
 
Grab your 2 sets and tape them together horizontally,
like so.
 
 
Your rooftop should look like this when folded in half.
 
 
Hot glue your roof onto your greenhouse box.
You may want someone to help you hold the roof
while you glue it into place.
 
You can leave your greenhouse as is and call it done.
 
I of coarse had to add a few other details to my greenhouse
before I was satisfied with it.
I added a bottom, an extra piece on the side,
and a dowel rod across the top.
That's it!
DONE!
 
 
I Love It!
 
That's it for this week.
 
Until Next Time,
Veronica
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment