Sunday, December 4, 2016

Touches of Christmas

This year I decided that I was only
going to add a few touches of
Christmas to our home,
a few to me could mean a lot to you.
I decided that I kind of like
the less is more attitude this year.
I don't know about all of you
but this year has really flown by.
I can't believe that we are into
the month of December already!
I was so not ready for December.
Lucky for me, the few projects that
I wanted to make didn't take much time to put together.
We are expected to get our first snowfall
today, 3-5 inches. As I am typing this it has
been snowing steady for a few hours now.
Maybe that will get me into a more festive mood.
I promised you that I would show you our Christmas tree,
so sit back and kick up your feet with a hot beverage in your
hand and enjoy our tour of our Holiday home, as there are
lots of pictures.
So let's get this tour started.

Our tree this year was decorated around this
Top Hat that I made to use as our tree topper.
I love the traditional colors of red, green, gold, white and silver for Christmas.
This was a quickly taken picture and doesn't show the
true colors of the Top Hat.
I also made one for our Son and DIL. Here they are side by side.
Next week I will do a quick tutorial on how to make these.
Here is a close up of the Top Hat on the top of the tree.
These are the true colors.
A view looking from the dining room/office into the family room,
and here is the full view.
Our tree stands 7 1/2 feet tall and requires
a 60 inch tree skirt.  I wanted a more red
tree skirt this year and I finally found one
at Home Goods.
I didn't put as many decorations on the tree as previous years.


A simple arrangement on the coffee table.
While walking around Hobby Lobby one day, I came
across this Top Hat.  I bought two of them and decorated
them for the mantle.  All I did was turned them upside down
and placed a few greenery and berry twigs inside. A simple
arrangement to anchor on each end of the mantle.
A very simple looking mantle put together this year.
For the center of the mantle I created a simple sign from a scrap piece
of hardboard sitting in the garage. This sign measure 29 inches by 8 1/2 inches.
A perfect size for our mantle.
And this years homemade ornament was made from a
big pine cone, which is hanging on our Curio cabinet.
Moving on into the dining room/office area.
I saw this Santa and fell in love with him.
I placed him on top of our pie safe along with
a few trees that I had from last year.
On the other end of the pie safe I decorated one of my
many lanterns.
I created a bow, then added a few embellishments to it.
Easy peasy and Oh So Beautiful.
And Santa needed a deer.
I found the perfect deer for him at Pier 1.

And I just couldn't pass up this handsome Buck that I found at Michael's.
Here is the completed arrangement of the pie safe.
I added a couple of ornaments that I made last year
onto the drawer fronts. I wish I could capture
how beautiful and magical this setting looks.
A close up of the top.
On the top of the country cupboard, I add the pine cone
Christmas tree and our Nativity set.
Next up the final room of the tour, the kitchen.
This is the wall that I am constantly changing,
which drives Hubby crazy.  All I did was
swap out the wreath and changed a couple of the plates.
The stand that currently sits below this arrangement was
all decked out for the Holidays.
Let's not forget about making the top of the
trash can festive. I added my old time truck with
a little bit of greenery tucked in the back. Throw
in a couple of ornaments, add a large pine cone
for a tree with a small ornament on the top and
you have a very simple holiday arrangement.
That completes our Holiday Home Tour.
I hope that I was able to give you some inspirations
if you were looking for some.

That's it for this week.
Stay warm!
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment