Sunday, June 4, 2017

Refreshing Summer Cool Down

We've jumped right into Summer around here.
The last 2 days we have reached a high of 91 degrees!
It's not only hot, but humid too.
And it's not even officially Summer yet.
One way I like to cool down
and relax on these hot, humid days
is to have a nice cold glass of  my
Southern Peach Sweet Tea.
Oh how I love this Southern peach flavored sweet tea.
Store bought sweet tea doesn't stand a chance
up against homemade sweet tea.
Especially Peach Sweet Tea.
NOT A CHANCE!
I couldn't wait until the fresh peaches
showed up in the stores to make my
own peach simple syrup.
In a saucepan add:
1 cup water,
1 cup sugar and
3 peaches sliced with skins on.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Boil for 5 minutes, stirring and gently crushing
the peach slices along the sides of the pan.
Remove from heat and cover.
Let set for 30 minutes.
Strain mixture through a fine sieve
or cheese cloth. Refrigerate mixture.

Add 1 +1/2 cups peach simple syrup to
6 cups of tea for a refreshing summer drink.
Slice a peach and add it to the tea mixture.
Top with a lemon slice to
intensify the peach flavor.
I have a secret ingredient I add to my
tea to make it less bitter.

Want to know what it is?
You probably have it in your pantry.

It's BAKING SODA!
Yep, plain old baking soda.

Just add a 1/4 teaspoon to 6 cups of brewed tea.

Here's to the lazy days of Summer.
That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment