Sunday, June 18, 2017

Shades of Gray

I've had this little cabinet for at least 15 years.
I bought it at a craft fair when I was into
decorating our home in a country style
with mauve and green colors.
I've been slowly changing our home into more neutral colors
and most of the country decor has been sold/donated and
swapped out for more modern decor.
I really like this little cabinet and didn't want to get rid of it.
I knew that I could update it with a new color of paint.
The only problem was I didn't know what color I wanted to paint it.
One day while I was starring at it trying to decide
what color it should be it finally hit me.
It was going to be a shade of gray.
Sherwin Williams Dovetail Gray to be exact.
It's a gray color with brown undertones.
Once I decided the color it was time to paint it.
Since it was a rainy weekend I set up my spray tent
in our office/dining room and started painting.
This little stand went from looking like this...
To this.
A more updated modern look.
At first I wasn't sure I liked the color,
but once I got it styled I realize what a pretty gray color it was.
The more I look at this little cabinet the more
I'm loving it with it's new paint color.
Isn't paint a wonderful thing?
Hubby was happy to see the sage green color gone.
He thinks I chose the perfect gray color.
Next week I will show you what I made to hang
above this cabinet.
That's it for this week.

Until Next Time,
Veronica


1 comment:

  1. I have heard of the Sherman Williams Dovetail Gray in one of my women's magazines. It is a really nice shade. I like that gray is the newer neutral.

    ReplyDelete