Sunday, September 10, 2017

Whining A Little

A couple of years ago we had to
replace our refrigerator because it died.
It was kind of a good thing that it died because
I needed to have a larger refrigerator.
Trying to find a refrigerator that
would fit in the same spot was
almost next to impossible.
 The problem was our old refrigerator
was built in with cabinets on both sides and along the top.
In order for a new refrigerator to fit
we had to remove the upper cabinets.
We did save the upper cabinets in case
the next owners wanted to add them back in.
Now we had a big empty dark spot above the refrigerator.
So Hubby trimmed it out and added a shelf.
I added a jar with lights and a rooster statue and it sat
like this for 2 years before I figured out what I wanted to do with this area.
I love having a variety of wines on hand
for when the mood calls for a glass of wine
but I never had a place to store them.
That's when I decided that I wanted
a built-in wine rack above the refrigerator.
We were going to build one but for resale
value we decided to leave it as is.

So building a wine rack wasn't going to happen.
Dang It!

While walking around Target one day I happened
to spot a wine rack that was made from beautiful
Acacia wood. So I grabbed 2 of them and
placed them above the refrigerator to see how
they would look, naturally I had to style them.
I like to save my corks from the wine,
because you never know when you might need some
for a project, so I added 3 bowls along the top.
These wine racks fit perfectly and the color
of them blends so well with our cabinets.

I placed the light, which is on a timer,
behind the wine racks and it lights up this dark area at night.

The good thing about not having a built-in wine
rack is we will be able to take these with us
when we move to our next home.
I guess all of my whining ended up
turning into the perfect wine rack.
That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment