Sunday, April 8, 2018

Painting Queen Anne

We've had this Queen Anne sofa table for
close to 20 years.
About 3 years ago our Son was using it at his house.
They no longer needed or wanted it so back it came
home to us. I was going to donate it to our local
Goodwill but decided to keep it instead.
It sat in our basement for over a year before I
finally got around to doing something with it.
Somehow along the way 2 of the handles went MIA.
All four corners had to be repaired due to cats chewing on them.
Other than that this sofa table was in great shape.
Here she is all ready to make her grand entrance.
I removed the remaining handle and filled in the holes with wood putty.
Hubby drilled new holes for the beautiful new knobs that I bought
from Hobby Lobby.

I sanded down the top and stained it Dark Walnut by Minwax.
The body got painted with my DIY Farmhouse White chalk paint.
I intended for this sofa table to go in our family room downstairs,
but after placing it by our front door and styling
the top to take pictures of it, I decided I wanted to keep it here.
This area in front of our stairs always looked bare to me.
It was like something was missing.
We can't say that anymore.
Our newly painted Queen Anne sofa table fills in
the area and blends in so well with my mirror wall.
She is here to stay...for now.
Here is the side by side comparison shot.
That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment