Sunday, July 29, 2018

Quick Baby Shower Gift

Are you in a predicament and need a quick
baby shower gift?
Our twin Grandbabies decided to arrive 5 weeks early.
So yeah, I needed a quick gift.
I always like to take a gift into the hospital with me.
When our 1st Grand Son was born, I created a bouquet
of flowers using diapers.
This time around, I created 2 wreaths using newborn diapers.
If you can tie a knot, you can make these.
What new Mom couldn't use a few more diapers?
I used 3 different colored 2 1/2 inch wide wired ribbons
and sporadically tied them around the wreath.
This is a view of the back.
Want to make one?
Start with these supplies.
Open the diaper and place onto the wreath form.
Cut a piece of ribbon, or string, and tie the diaper together.
Continue adding the diapers until the wreath form is completely covered.
I added 20 newborn diapers to an 18 inch wreath form.
You can stop here and add a bow and call it done,
or you can dress it up a little more like I did.
Sorry, I forgot to take a picture at this point.
I created a flower using my Silhouette Cameo machine
and attached the flower to a colorful paper straw.
Lastly, I created a big bow for each wreath
and attached them to the wreath form with pipe cleaners.
It took me about 1 hour to complete each wreath.
Our DIL thought they were super cute.
Not only are they a super cute idea, they're practical too.

Time to go and snuggle the Grandbabies.
That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment