Monday, November 3, 2014

Give Thanks

Thanksgiving is just right around the corner.
Can you believe that it's November already!
My Gosh, where did this year go?
 
Have you seen any of the Deco Mesh wreaths for sale?
No!
How can you not?
They're EVERYWHERE.
If you don't know what they look like here is a picture of one.
 
source
 
I never had a wreath for Thanksgiving on our front door.
I have a Fall one that would take us right into Thanksgiving, but
I've seen these wreaths around for sometime now and knew
that I wanted to make one for our front door for Thanksgiving.
The nice thing about deco mesh is that it comes in so many different colors.
I can see endless possibilities for wreaths with this stuff!
You can make one for every occasion!
 
So I bought all the supplies to make one!
These wreaths are super simple to make.
Mine took me about 1 hour to put together.
 
Here are the quick step by step instructions.
 
Step 1:  Gather all of your supplies and have them ready to go.
 
*The deco mesh comes on a roll.  I started my wreath on a different wreath form and didn't
like the looks of it so I changed forms.  That's why my mesh is in a piled mess.

Step 2:  Grab your mesh and secure the end onto the wreath form as shown.

 
Step 3:   Measure about 12-14 inches and pinch the mesh together.  Secure the pinched end to the next twist tie on the wreath form.  Continue measuring and securing the mesh all the way around the outside perimeter of the wreath form and secure to the first twist tie.  DO NOT CUT YOUR MESH!


 
Step 4: Measure your mesh again and secure it to the closest twist tie on the inside ring.
 
 
This gives you an idea as to how it should look.
This is my wreath using the other wreath form.  I actually added a ribbon to the mesh.  It is now ready to dress up!
 
 
I added 4 more different ribbons, some berry sprays, a few faux pumpkins and finished it off with a sign.
 
Here is my finished Thanksgiving wreath.
 
 
I wish you could see this in person.  It is SO PRETTY!
 
I made this wreath at 3:00a.m. and took the picture at 4:00a.m.
I'll try to get a picture in the daylight sometime and post it.
I'm a night worker so I try to stay on the same schedule on my off days.  It's just easier for me.
Boy do I get things done around here while Hubby is sleeping!
Don't get me wrong, Hubby and I still spend time together everyday.  We just sleep at different times right now.  Things will be changing soon where we will be on the same schedule again.
But until then I will continue to take full advantage of my time to myself.
I hope you like my wreath and can make one for yourself.
I must get back to my crafting! I'm already working on a few Christmas and Winter projects!
Make sure you check back in and see all my creativeness!
 
Being Thankful,
Veronica



No comments:

Post a Comment