Saturday, October 10, 2015

A Saturday Drive

Hubby is still recovering from his foot surgery.
It's been 6 weeks and he was starting to get
a little stir crazy.  Since it was such a nice
sunny day today we thought that we would
get out of the house and take a drive to see
if we could see some Fall colors.
Of course I always take my camera with me.
You never know what my camera lens will capture!
 
We headed to an Apple Orchard that sits
on a hill and has a nice view.
 
We're thinking next week they will be at their peak season.
 
 
 
 
This Apple Orchard had crates of gourds and Indian corn...
 
 
 
...and these mini sunflowers planted along the front.
 
 
 
While there you can buy a caramel apple.
 
 
They also sell homemade apple pies and turnovers, fresh pressed cider, onions,
and potatoes.
 
Whenever we are in this area we usually stop and have lunch or dinner here.
 
 
If you are ever near a Monk's check them out.
Everything we have ever had here has been very good,
plus it's a very good family friendly restaurant.
 
 
You can sit in the bar area or the restaurant.
We chose the bar area so Hubby could watch some football.
Lots of viewing areas around the bar and restaurant.
 
 
For lunch I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Salad with Ranch dressing
along with an Angry Orchard, and Hubby ordered a Mushroom Swiss Burger and
a Leinenkugel October Fest beer.
Yummy, Yum, Yum!
 
 
On the way home we stopped at a Tractor Supply Store
to buy some Black Oil Sunflower seeds to feed our birds.
 
I had to take a picture of this girl sitting by the front door
holding her pet chicken.
I knew my niece, Lisa could appreciate this.
 
 
When we arrived home I snapped a couple of pictures
of one of our Burning Bushes.
 
 
 
That's it for our Saturday drive.
Next week, weather permitting, we will take another Saturday drive.
 
Don't forget to check back in tomorrow for more
pictures of the apple orchard I visited last week.
 
Until Next Time,
Veronica


No comments:

Post a Comment