Sunday, February 14, 2016

Milk and Cookies

Is it milk and cookies,
or cookies and milk?
Either way you say it,
It's All Good!
Once in a great while I will crave sweets.
You know that y'all have been there.
You know you're craving something, but you're not sure what it is.
So, you eat anything and everything you can find in the house.
Oh, that's not you?
Well, I'm not ashamed to admit that it happens to me occasionally.
When those craving strike I need to make something that is quick and easy.
Since I had everything in the pantry, I whipped up a batch of
No Bake Cookies.
I made a Chocolate version....
and a Peanut Butter version.
These were the first cookies I ever learned to make when I was young.
 
These take very few ingredients and are
super quick and easy to make.
 
(Recipe at the end of this post.)
 
Have you ever had these?
No?
Well then, let's make some No Bake Cookies!
You will need:
quick cooking oats
white sugar
milk (use 2%, otherwise they won't set up)
butter
vanilla
peanut butter (smooth or creamy)
cocoa (if making the chocolate version)
 
Before I start, I lay parchment paper on the counter to use as a baking sheet.
No baking sheet required because you are not putting these in the oven.
 
Let's get started!
 
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, butter and milk.
Bring to a boil, boil for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat, and stir in the remaining ingredients.
Drop by tablespoons onto parchment paper.
Try to work quickly as these will set up fast.
Allow cookies to cool for 1 hour.
DONE!
See, I told you they were quick and easy!
Not to mention, these will definitely satisfy that sweet tooth!
I ate one of each and my craving for sweets was gone.
Hubby had just a few more than me.
I won't mention how many!
All I can say is, he has no control when it comes to sweets!
The rest got carted off to work with us to be enjoyed by our co-workers.
I hope you give these quick and easy cookies a try.
 
Here is the recipe.
 
 
NO BAKE COOKIES
 

2 cups white sugar
3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (for chocolate version)
1/2 cup 2% milk
1 stick butter (8 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups quick cooking oats
 
1.  In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter.  Bring to a boil,
     boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
 
2.  Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, peanut butter and oats.
 
3.  Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment paper.  Allow to cool for 1 hour.
 
4.  If any cookies are left, store in an airtight container.
 
                                                ENJOY!
 
That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

 

No comments:

Post a Comment