Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Kayla Has Arrived!!

Winter storm Kayla has arrived at our house!
We headed off to work 15 minutes earlier than usual
but we couldn't even get off our road!
We live on a dead-end road so we won't even see
a snow plow until tomorrow morning!
Hubby tried 3 times to make it up our hill.
The road was so ICY under the snow that all
we would do was slide back down the hill!
It was snowing so hard that our windshield
wipers couldn't even keep our windshield clear!
Not a good time to be driving!
So we finally got turned around and came home.
This is the first time in 15 years that we weren't able to get to work.
 
Since we couldn't get to work
I thought I would be productive at home.
I made a crock pot full of Jambalaya for dinner,
and then grabbed my camera and started taking
pictures of the snow fall.
I wanted to see if I could capture the snow falling.
 
I took this picture at the start of the storm before we left for work.
Once we got back home I started to photograph the snowfall.
It kept coming,
and coming,
and coming,
and coming!
But Kayla couldn't keep the wildlife away.
This lone turkey decided to brave the storm,
and this deer decided to see what all the fuss was about,
and the birds were having a feeding frenzy!
 
Here comes Mrs. Cardinal!
The birds were flittering around so much it was hard to get them all in one picture.
 
 
 It was nice to be able to view the storm in the comfort of our home
instead of on the treacherous roads!
 
That's it for now.
 
Stay warm and safe!
Until Next Time,
Veronica
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment