Sunday, October 23, 2016

Changing Times

My weekends have been incredibly
busy lately.  We have our first grand baby
expected to arrive in mid November.
I've made a ton of baby items to give as
gifts at the baby shower, which I will do
posts about somewhere in the near future.
I thought that I was done with baby stuff
for a while until after the baby was born.
We happened to be at our Son's house one
day and our DIL was showing us the baby's room.
She had this solid oak baby changing table and wanted
to paint it.  I wasn't crazy about her being around
paint fumes so I offered to paint it for her.
I knew that I had a 3 day weekend with the Columbus Day
holiday and was hoping that I could get it done in those 3 days.
After our DIL picked out the color I got right to work.

I set up my paint station in our garage.
I laid down my canvas drop cloth first to protect the floor.
Next, I set up my spray shelter. This shelter measures 8.5' x 6'.
It took about 15 minutes to assemble.
It comes with this handy storage pouch.
Before I started painting, Hubby and I disassembled the changing
table so it would be easier to paint.
Once I had my spray shelter up it was time to start painting.
I used my paint sprayer and applied 2 light coats, sanding after each
layer, and then did any touch ups using a foam brush.
It took me 3 days to paint this because I really wanted each layer
to dry completely before applying the next coat of paint.
I let the paint set for a week before I applied a coat of wax
and buffed like a crazy woman.
My hands were so sore and stiff, and I could hardly move, due to back issues,
 the next day from all the waxing and buffing.
But it was SO worth it.
Here is the newly painted changing table.
This was a very tedious project because of all the spindles.

I'm glad that I took my time with this because it turned out beautifully.
The color is Sunrise by Sherwin Williams.

It went from this....
to this.
Once the baby's room is set up and complete,
I will snap some pictures and share them here.

That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment