Sunday, October 2, 2016

Birthday Treats

I just recently celebrated my 55th Birthday!
I just can't believe that I am 55.
My goodness, how time flies.
People ask me how it feels to be 55.
I honestly can't answer that because I've
never been 55 before, and I don't feel any
differently than when I was younger.
Sure, I don't move as quickly as I used too,
but health wise, I'm very healthy, and I feel great!
I still have an abundance of energy and a
positive attitude toward life.
I''m not one of those people who doesn't like
to share how old I am, to me it's just a number.

Since it was my birthday I thought that I would
make a birthday treat and take it to work
to share with my co-workers.

These are what I made to share.
Oatmeal Buttercream Pies!
Oh my cream filled goodness!
These are SO GOOD!
The oatmeal cookie is so soft and chewy,
and that cream filling.......OH MY!
One bite and people were moaning,
and their eyes were rolling in the back of their heads.
Yes, they are THAT GOOD!
These really take no time at all to make.
First, you make the cookies.
To make my cookies uniform I use a medium cookie scoop and level the top off.
Once the cookies have cooled, match up the cookies by size.
Mix up the cream filling and frost the bottom of one cookie.
Top with the bottom of the other cookie to make a sandwich
and gently press the cookies together.
Happy Birthday to Me!

OATMEAL BUTTERCREAM PIES

             COOKIES:
1 1/4 cup butter (at room temperature)                                                   
1 cup brown sugar, packed                                                                      
1/2 cup sugar                                                                                         
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups quick oats

            BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:

1/2 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until light and fluffy.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to the butter and mix on low speed just until combined. Add the oats and stir until just combined.

Scoop cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until edges start to turn golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.

BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
Place the butter, sugar, whipping cream and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. When the cookies are cool, sandwich frosting between two cookies and gently press together.

Recipe adapted from: Kevin & Amanda

ENJOY!
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment