Sunday, November 6, 2016

Do You Spatchcock?

I have a confession to make.

I've never Spatchcocked before,
but I'm going to turn over a new leaf
this year and do the Spatchcock
this Thanksgiving.

What is The Spatchcock you ask?

Spatchcock is a cooking term which
means to split open and flatten poultry
(butterflying) for grilling or roasting.

So this year I'm doing the Spatchcock
with our Thanksgiving turkey.

I thought I would do a trial run before
Thanksgiving to see just how great this
method of cooking really is.

Oh my savory, succulent, juicy, goodness!
Hubby couldn't wait to dig into this!
Here is our Spatchcocked turkey.
I purchased a 12 pound turkey to spatchcock.
Here is our turkey spatchcocked and ready for basting.
I basted the turkey with Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Tuck the turkey's wing tips under so they won't burn.
This is the turkey fresh out of the oven.
How about a mouth watering close up?
Hubby kept commenting on how wonderful this
smelled cooking.  He couldn't wait to taste it.
Spatchcocked turkey is the way to go.
This turkey was the BEST we have ever had!
There's no going back to the traditional way of
cooking our Thanksgiving turkey.

It's Spatchcocking all the way, Baby!

Need I say more?
This 12 pound turkey only took 1 hour and 10 minutes to cook.
That's half the time it takes to cook it the tradional way!

That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment