Sunday, October 1, 2017

Dressing For Fall

The days are getting shorter
and the nights are getting cooler.
That can only mean one thing.
Fall is coming!
My favorite time of year.
Actually Fall is already here
I wrote this post up before Fall began.

That also means it's time to dig out the
fall clothes and boots.

I don't know about you but as I age I
still want to look stylish and chic even
if I am wearing casual clothing. I
don't want to turn into one of those women
who ends up looking frumpy and dumpy after I retire.

One thing I've noticed in Blogland is there
are very few 50+ women styling fashion.
Maybe it's because the clothing industry
caters more to the younger generations,
or maybe, we older women are afraid to
put ourselves out there for all to see.
I feel that the older I get the more confident
I become about my appearance.
I believe that age is an attitude, keep your's young.
We're like a fine wine, we get better with age!
Right?

So how do you know how to dress with the
younger generation fashions but still look age appropriate?
Follow along with me and I will show you
how by using a few basic pieces of clothing, accessories and footwear,
you too can create simple, easy and fun looks,
yet still look age appropriate, stylish and comfortable.

Do you love to wear plaid prints but aren't sure how to style them?
What speaks more casual than a plaid shirt?
Plaid shirts aren't just for men you know.
We women can wear plaid and still look
very feminine while wearing them.
It's all about how you style them that makes the difference.

Here are a few examples using the same plaid shirt,
tee-shirt and belt as the base pieces.
Start by choosing your favorite plaid shirt.
Next, choose one of the colors from the plaid shirt
and add a solid color shirt in that color.
Choose a second color from the plaid shirt
and use that solid color as your bottom color,
whether it be a pair of pants or skirt, it really doesn't matter.
Match your footwear color to your bottom half color.
Choose a third solid color from your plaid shirt and add that
color as your embellishment color. I added a tan scarf
that I loosely draped around my neck. This really made
the whole outfit pop and stand out.
I love to wear scarves because they
are like little bits of jewelry. They add
that finished look and pull everything together.
I have an hourglass figure.
If I am wearing a shirt that doesn't
flow over my curves, I will add a
belt to draw attention to my feminine curves.
This look took me less than 10 minutes total to put together.

This next look all I did was swap out my pants.
What about mixing prints together.
Is it possible?
You betcha!
Just use your second print in a small dose.
Swap out a different print and change your bottom color.
I laugh at people who say you can't mix prints.
Those were just a few simple ways to style a plaid shirt
using a few base pieces.
The possibilities are endless.

Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment