Sunday, October 29, 2017

Pumpkin Lovin'

If I've said this once, I've said
this a thousand times.....
I LOVE FALL!
I can't wait until the pumpkins start to show up.
Whether it be pumpkins in the pumpkin patch,
home decor items showing up in the stores,
the taste of pumpkin flavored drinks or treats,
or simply the various scented pumpkin scented candles,
it makes no difference to me.
I love anything pumpkin.

I'm not much of a cappuccino drinker,
they are just too sickening sweet for me,
but you give me a good Latte and I'm all over it.
Since it's officially Fall I thought I would share a recipe for
Creamy Pumpkin Latte that I love to drink.
Latte.
It's such a fancy name isn't it?
It sounds like it's a time consuming drink to prepare.
But you know what?
It literally takes about 10 minute to mix together.
Oh, and you use canned pumpkin,
and the best part about making this Latte, besides the taste.....
there's no cooking required.
Really.
If you can make a cup of coffee, you can make this Pumpkin Latte.
It's a great warm drink to enjoy on a cool Fall day.
Mix it up and pour it into a cute pumpkin coffee mug.
This would make the perfect cup of coffee to enjoy after Thanksgiving dinner.

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE

Serving Size: 1

1 cup strong brewed coffee
2/3 cup Evaporated Milk (to make a low-fat version use 2% evaporated milk or low-fat milk)
         (I personally go all out and use the full fat version)
1/3 cup canned 100% Pure Pumpkin (found in baking aisle)
2 teaspoons granulated sugar or more to taste
1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Whipped Cream (optional)

Combine brewed coffee, evaporated milk, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract in a 2 cup microwave safe measuring cup or small saucepan. Stir with a wire whisk until pumpkin is incorporated.  Heat until very hot. Pour into coffee mugs.

Add whipped cream and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice.

ENJOY!
That's it for this week.
Until Next Time,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment