Saturday, June 21, 2014

Painting with Chalk Paint

While I was in Pennsylvania on vacation  I finally got to take an Annie Sloan chalk paint class.

 
If you are not familiar with Annie Sloan chalk paint you can click on the link below to see what all the rage is about.
 
 
When I signed up for the class I was told that I could bring a small project to work on.  Since I didn't have a project to take to class I headed to the nearest resale store to see what I could find.
 
 I found this chair for $4.00. 
 
 I figured for $4.00 if I happened to mess it up I wasn't out a lot of $$$$.
 
 
You can click on any of my pictures to get an enlarged version.
 
 
 
 I have been looking for a ladder back chair like this for a while but just couldn't find the perfect chair, either the look was never just right, it was too big, or the color wasn't what I was looking for.  I wanted it small enough so that I could sit on my front porch to decorate it for the seasons.
 
In all my excitement of taking the class I forgot to take a picture of the chair before I started to paint it. I keep forgetting that I am a blogger now and need to take pictures of everything I do so that I can share with everyone.   It's a good thing I remembered before I got too far! 
 
You can see the color that I chose to paint it, on the front of the chair, under the seat.
 
The color is called Duck Egg Blue.
 
It is a beautiful bluish/green color.
 
 
 
Well here it is all complete!   I don't think I wasted my $4.00.
 
 


I think that I might distress it a little bit more to give it more of an aged look.  But over all not bad for my first go at painting with chalk paint.
 
 
Here it is decorated.  I LOVE how this chair turned out.  This color goes with so many other colors. 
 
 
 
If I ever get tired of it all I have to do is paint over it.  No sanding or stripping.  How simple is that?
 
I am already thinking of all the projects I can do using this paint.  Why buy new when I can create something new myself?  The possibilities are ENDLESS, and I mean ENDLESS,  with this paint.
 
Who knows maybe we will end up with a calico cat yet!
 
 
 
Happy Painting,
 
Veronica

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment