Sunday, July 27, 2014

Inspired by Nature

Hubby and I walk  2.5 miles, 5 days a week.
We have done this for years.
In the winter months I walk on the treadmill
and Hubby rides the stationery bike.
 
Do we want to do it?  Well the answer is Yes and No.
Yes because we get to enjoy the outdoors...
and No because truthfully who likes to exercise?
 

We work in offices and have sit down jobs, so we do this for us.
Hopefully this will help us live longer to enjoy life in our
later years.
This is our time to get away from everything and
spend some quality time together.
We discuss many subjects and make plans
for the week and upcoming weekend.
 
While walking outdoors we notice all that Nature has to offer.
The birds, flowers, sky, the gentle breezes, green grass and trees,
the wild animals, the bees, the list is endless.
Do you notice all that Nature has to offer, or are you so
busy with life that you pass it by?
 
The other day when we were walking I noticed that the
Black-eyed Susans were everywhere along the ditches.
  They have really come on strong this year.
 
I have wanted to take some pictures of
wild flowers for a while.
So when we got back home I grabbed my
camera and out the door I went again to finally get my pictures.
 
I took pictures of Black-eyed Susan
 
 
Dandelions that have gone to seed
 
 
Queen Anne's Lace
 
 
 Our Stargazer Lily was blooming too so I took a
picture of it.
 
 
 
 
Our guest bedroom has a bed without a headboard.
It used to have one but when our Son went to
college and took the bed, well that was the
last time we saw that headboard.
So that poor bed has been headless you could say.
 
This is the headless bed.  Please ignore the unmade bed.
It was going to be stripped down and all the linen washed.
 
That bare wall was just begging for something on it!
I swear it was yelling at me!
Can't you put something on me?  Please don't leave me
exposed like this!
Am I crazy or does anyone else hear their walls talking to them?
 
Anyhow when my walls talk I usually listen.
 
I took some of my flower pictures and printed them in
black and white and placed them in black frames.
I laid them out on the floor to get a visual of
what I wanted them to look like hanging on the wall. 
 
This is the layout I came up with.
Aren't they simply striking?
 
 
The wall color is a blue with a hint of purple.
 
Here is the breakdown of what I did to this room:
 
I changed the quilt to a black and white comforter.
 
Changed the navy colored bedskirt to a white one.
 
Added a couple of gray/silver pillows and one black one.
 
I printed a picture of our son and DIL in black and white and
placed that in a frame and set it on one of the night stands.
 
Added a bird clock and a black basket on the other night stand.
 
Added fresh white lace curtains.
 
I'm still looking for a throw in a blue/gray color to place on the
end of the bed.
For now this room is done.  There are a few more changes I
want to make but they will have to wait for another post.
 
LOOK!
 
No more bare wall and no need for a headboard anymore.
 
 
 
The pictures look cockeyed on the wall but they're not.  I couldn't
get back away from the bed far enough to get a
straight picture.
 
Here is a side view of the room.
 
 
I love how Nature has inspired this room.
I think it has a nice clean, fresh look now.
 
So next time your outdoors, look around and let Nature
inspire you also.
 
Until next time,
Veronica

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment