Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Not your traditional Potato Salad

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Independence Day Holiday.
 
 
source

 
Ours' was pretty quiet around here.  We spent a lot of time
on our back porch just enjoying the beautiful weather
and listening to nature.  So peaceful.
 
We didn't actually celebrate the 4th on Friday, we waited until
Saturday the 5th instead so that our Son & DIL could join us.
We just had a small cookout with hamburgers and hot dogs
and a few sides to go with it.
 
I'm not a fan of traditional potato salad.  I know odd isn't it?
But the rest of my family likes it. What's the 4th without potato salad? 
It just goes so well with hamburgers & hot dogs, or so I'm told. 
So I always make potato salad for the 4th even though I don't eat it.
 Because that's the kind of woman I am.
 
So when I came across this recipe for a different way of making
potato salad I just knew I had to try it.  LOADED BAKED POTATO SALAD
 
This version sounded like something
 I would enjoy eating and the rest of the family
would still get potato salad.  A win, win I thought.
  And we all know that I'm the one who cooks!
So what I say goes.  No arguments!
So far I haven't had any complaints yet about what I make, so I must
be doing something right.  This recipe was one of those JUST RIGHTS.  This was very, very good.
Oh My goodness!  I couldn't quit eating this.  It's a good thing I doubled the recipe!
  It tasted just like the name.
 
The secret to this recipe is BAKING your potatoes.  DO NOT BOIL THEM!
 
So here is the How To and the recipe card I created so that Ya' all can try this too.
 
First, you need about 4-5 Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed clean and pierced with a sharp knife.
 
 


Bake those puppies until fork tender.  Cool completely.
I like to place them in the refrigerator to get really cool.  I think that
they tend to peel easier.
 
 

 

When they are completely cooled, peel the skin off with your fingers.
Just look at all that golden-brown goodness!  Cut into 1/2" pieces.
 
 
Mix everything together and refrigerate for about 4 hours (if you can wait
that long).
 
DIG IN AND ENJOY!
 
 
 


 
Recipe adapted from:  Brown Eyed Baker
 
I know you will enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
 
Happy Eating,
Veronica
 

No comments:

Post a Comment