Sunday, July 20, 2014

To the Beach

I decided that I still needed another beach
picture in our master bath.
This wall just looked too bare.
 
 
I had an idea brewing in my head....
a beach picture with a beach sign.
 
So off to shop to look for that perfect picture
and accent piece.
 
I found a picture that I really liked and thought would work well,
 but the frame was black.
 
Not to worry....I could paint it.
 
  I knew what I wanted for a beach sign.
I couldn't for the life of me find one anywhere!
 
The stores are already setting out the fall décor!
 
I guess if I wanted one I would have to make one.
 
I found a piece of unpainted wood in Michael's, in the shape that I
wanted, for my beach sign.
 
I picked up a few bottles of acrylic paint and a few foam brushes.
 
I don't know about you, but when I get a creative idea in my head,
I'm not satisfied until I find, or make, exactly what I imagined.
 
 When I got home I started right in on my new projects,
painting the picture frame and making a new
beach sign.
 
Here is the picture ready for the frame to be painted.
 
 
Sorry for the glare.  You will get a better look at it when it is done.
 
While I waited for the paint to dry on my
picture frame, I got to work making my new
beach sign.
 
Here is the piece of wood I found for my sign.
 
 
Sorry, I forget to take a Before picture before
I started painting.  I just get SO EXCITED when
I start a new project.  I can't wait to see the
final results.
 
The picture is dry and ready to hang. 
This is the new look for the picture.
 
 
I painted it with Annie Sloan chalk paint in Paris Gray so that
it would match the other pictures in the bathroom.
It looks so much better now.
 
The beach sign is ready also.
 
Let's go hang them up, shall we?
 
Here they are!
 



 
Don't they go well together?
 
This is exactly how I pictured my beach sign.  Do you like it?
 
I completely painted the whole arrow with the color, Pool Blue and let it dry.
 Then I lightly added a little Brunt Umber followed by Paris Gray.  I let it dry
completely again.
I made a stencil with my Silhouette Cameo machine to create
my saying.  I laid my stencil down on my arrow
and hand painted in my letters.  Once the letters
were dry, I lightly brushed Paris Gray over
the letters to give it a worn look,
added a starfish and a piece of
twine to finish it off.
This project took me about 20 minutes from start to finish.
 
I found another lantern with a white-washed look.
I placed a candle inside along with a few
seashells and placed it on the corner
of the tub.
 


 
 
And here it is all put together.
 
 
Hubby will enjoy this view when he is relaxing in the tub with
the jets massaging his soar muscles.
 He can feel like he is at the beach with the waves crashing
over him.
 
I have one more BIG project and I think I
will be done with the master bath.  I think.
 
Please feel free to leave a comment about how I am doing with my blog.
I'd love to hear from you.
 
Until next time,
Veronica
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment