Sunday, February 15, 2015

DIY All Natural Dishwasher Detergent

I am slowly changing out our Household
and Beauty products to more natural ones.
 
I've already switched my Laundry Detergent
and Fabric Softener to All Natural products.
 
This week I thought that I would
focus on the kitchen area.
 
I've been using my All Natural Dishwasher Detergent
for a month now. 
 
You only have to use 1 tablespoon of detergent.
 
I was a little hesitant about only using 1 tablespoon
of detergent on my dirty dishes.
 
I did not rinse off any of my dishes before
placing them into the dishwasher, nor
did I add any rinse agent to the dishwasher.
 I wanted to see just how clean my
  glasses and dishes would turn out by
using this simple recipe.
 
I was pleasantly surprised that my glasses
and dishes came out looking spotless.
 
I couldn't believe how clean my
dishes and glasses were and that there was NO residue.
 
 
You only need 4, simple ingredients to make
this All Natural Dishwasher Detergent.
 
 
1 cup Borax
1 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda - (found in the laundry aisle)  NOT BAKING SODA
1/2 cup Citric Acid (found in the canning aisle)
1/2 cup Kosher Salt
Lemon Essential Oil (optional) Place in dishwasher, not in the detergent
 
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well using a spoon.
 
 
Place dishwasher detergent into an air tight container and label.
 
 
To use:  Place 1 tablespoon of detergent into your main wash bin
and add 2 drops of Lemon Essential Oil.
 
You do not need to add detergent into the Pre Wash bin.
 
 
This recipe yields 3 cups of detergent.
I will be keeping track of how many loads I get out of this recipe.
 
Give this All Natural Dishwasher detergent a try
and you will be amazed at how clean your dishes will be.
 
Clean dishes without any harsh chemicals!
 
Make sure you check back in as I have a lot of
other ideas in the works.
 
Until Next time,
Veronica
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment